35: Adaptability, Change, and The Suckiness of Leadership with Michael Diettrich-Chastain
Kasey and Kelsey discuss their personal experiences with leadership and the challenges they sometimes face in their group practice. They express their struggles with meeting the needs and expectations of both customers and employees, highlighting the "suckiness" of leadership. Michael Diettrich-Chastain, the founder and CEO of Arc Integrated, joins the conversation to share his expertise on change management and peak performance in the workplace.
Michael emphasizes the need for leaders to know who they are not for, as well as the importance of asking the right questions to influence others. From discussing the significance of knowing what you stand for, to exploring the transformative power of embracing failure and nurturing different leadership styles, this episode is perfect for both seasoned and aspiring leaders!
About Michael Diettrich-Chastain:
Michael is the founder and CEO of Arc Integrated, a leadership development and organizational consulting firm based in Asheville, NC. As an international speaker and executive coach, Michael is widely regarded by the various CEO's and leaders he has worked with as the “go to resource” for helping to transform the company cultures in which he works. His writing has been featured in Time, Money, Entrepreneur and The Washington Post and his first book (CHANGES) released in 2019 became an instant best seller. Michael's mission is to transform organizations to be catalysts that elevate the consciousness of all involved.
Michael’s Book: thechangesbook.com
Michael’s Card Deck: arcintegrated.com/cards
- [02:00] Adaptability, change, and the suckiness of leadership
- [04:30] Breaking up and its relation to leadership
- [08:15] Asking effective questions as a leader
- [13:00] The multiple altitudes in leadership
- [15:20] Influencing and situational leadership
- [16:40] Understanding different learning and communication styles
- [19:10] Adapting leadership style based on individual needs
- [21:35] Can people become good leaders or are they born with it?
- [25:00] Spectrum of leadership skills
Connect with Kasey and Kelsey:
This episode is sponsored by The Receptionist, a digital check-in system used by more than 5,500 businesses worldwide. Click Here to learn more, and get your first month FREE when you sign up!